The NFL Wednesday fined New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady $10,000 for a leg-up slide into Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed. Brady protected himself in the first half of the AFC Championship game Sunday with a leg-up slide into Reed, and his cleat made contact, drawing a call for unnecessary roughness.
Reed told a Baltimore radio station Brady apologized, The Boston Globe reported.
The Ravens won the game 28-13 and advanced to Super Bowl XLVII against the San Francisco 49ers.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings
- Pussy Riot Members Attacked at McDonald's