The NFL Wednesday fined New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady $10,000 for a leg-up slide into Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed. Brady protected himself in the first half of the AFC Championship game Sunday with a leg-up slide into Reed, and his cleat made contact, drawing a call for unnecessary roughness.
Reed told a Baltimore radio station Brady apologized, The Boston Globe reported.
The Ravens won the game 28-13 and advanced to Super Bowl XLVII against the San Francisco 49ers.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States