The NFL Wednesday fined New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady $10,000 for a leg-up slide into Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed. Brady protected himself in the first half of the AFC Championship game Sunday with a leg-up slide into Reed, and his cleat made contact, drawing a call for unnecessary roughness.
Reed told a Baltimore radio station Brady apologized, The Boston Globe reported.
The Ravens won the game 28-13 and advanced to Super Bowl XLVII against the San Francisco 49ers.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women