The NFL Wednesday fined New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady $10,000 for a leg-up slide into Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed. Brady protected himself in the first half of the AFC Championship game Sunday with a leg-up slide into Reed, and his cleat made contact, drawing a call for unnecessary roughness.
Reed told a Baltimore radio station Brady apologized, The Boston Globe reported.
The Ravens won the game 28-13 and advanced to Super Bowl XLVII against the San Francisco 49ers.
Most Popular Stories
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Georgia GOP Preaches Minority Outreach
- Ford's Supplier Diversity Program Turns 35
- GM Joins Nissan to Supply Small Cargo Vehicle
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- Ford Trucks See Boost as Roadshow Reaches Saudi Arabia
- US Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- Kerry Concerned Over Blasphemy Laws, Anti-Semitism
- Soderbergh: Why He Quit Movies