The NFL Wednesday fined New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady $10,000 for a leg-up slide into Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed. Brady protected himself in the first half of the AFC Championship game Sunday with a leg-up slide into Reed, and his cleat made contact, drawing a call for unnecessary roughness.
Reed told a Baltimore radio station Brady apologized, The Boston Globe reported.
The Ravens won the game 28-13 and advanced to Super Bowl XLVII against the San Francisco 49ers.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free