The NFL Wednesday fined New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady $10,000 for a leg-up slide into Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed. Brady protected himself in the first half of the AFC Championship game Sunday with a leg-up slide into Reed, and his cleat made contact, drawing a call for unnecessary roughness.
Reed told a Baltimore radio station Brady apologized, The Boston Globe reported.
The Ravens won the game 28-13 and advanced to Super Bowl XLVII against the San Francisco 49ers.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- EPA Eases Back on Biofuels Mandate
- Biden Leaves Ukraine as Russian Invasion Threat Rises
- Stocks See 6th Gain in a Row on Solid Earnings
- Ellen DeGeneres Producing HGTV Series
- IRS Awards Bonuses to Employees Who Owe Back Taxes