REDMOND, WA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/23/13 -- WildTangent Studios today announced the availability of its first mobile game, Polar Bowler 1st Frame, a free, family-friendly game accessible via the iTunes App Store.
Polar Bowler 1st Frame is the mobile update of the original game developed by WildTangent and played by millions since 2004. In his signature sunglasses and red Hawaiian shirt, PB is a fun-loving polar bear who launches through an icy 10-pin bowling alley by using a slingshot to propel his inner tube into strikes and to pick up spares. Players can steer PB down the lane and collect crates that contain boosts for a better bowling score. The free game is powered by WildTangent's advertising platform, BrandBoost.
"Our Polar Bowler fans have been asking us for a mobile version of the game," said Matt Shea, executive vice president of Product Development at WildTangent. "Polar Bowler 1st Frame is a natural choice for our first mobile title. We think our fans will enjoy it and we look forward to bringing them more mobile titles in the future."
Polar Bowler 1st Frame can be found in the iTunes App Store for iOS devices at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/polar-bowler-1st-frame/id579404422?ls=1&mt=8. Players can also get to know PB by following him on Twitter @PolarBowler or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/polarbowlergame. An Android version of Polar Bowler 1st Frame will also be available in the WildTangent Games App for Android soon.
WildTangent is a worldwide cross-device games company focused on the distribution and monetization of mobile, social and online games. WildTangent Games is a games service offering thousands of premium games to consumers with WildTangent's patented technology. Consumers receive free in-game items as well as free play of premium games courtesy of brand advertisers. In addition, consumers can rent games for a fraction of the retail price, with 100% of rental going toward ownership, or buy them outright. WildTangent Media is a mobile and digital advertising platform that connects brands with a highly engaged audience through "value exchange," where consumers get the rewards they want, instead of interruptions -- and where brands make a lasting consumer impression. WildTangent Studios is a mobile-focused game development studio bringing quality games to the mobile platform and developing new games, characters and fun experiences for everyone with a tablet or smartphone.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2208216
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2208253
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]