GASPE, QUEBEC -- (Marketwire) -- 01/23/13 -- A group of businessmen/women and citizens of the town of Gaspe, who have been watching their regional economy disintegrate, have decided to create an organization who's name speaks for itself. The "Regroupement pour l'avancement economique de la Gaspesie" will serve as a vehicle of intervention that will assure the harmonious development of all economic related files.
The main objective of the Regroupement pour l'avancement economique de la Gaspesie is to become an additional voice and unify those who are concerned with the economic development of the Gaspesie.
"The motivation behind the creation or this organization stems from the recent situation concerning the development of the petroleum industry in the town of Gaspe. The recent actions by the town council are absolutely unacceptable. For many years, the Gaspesie has been suffering from an important declining economic situation. The systematic blockage culture must cease." states Mr. Gaston Langlais, spokesperson of the organization.
The Regroupement pour l'avancement economique de la Gaspesie intends to maintain pressure on the town council in order to permit the drilling of Haldimand 4 by suspending its recent regulation. "Now that our organization exists, we will do everything in our power to make our voice heard, each and every time an economic project for the Gaspesie is threatened by negative public opinion." concludes Mr. Langlais.
Sources: Mr. Gaston Langlais
Spokesperson for the Regroupement
pour l'avancement economique de la Gaspesie
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham