GASPE, QUEBEC -- (Marketwire) -- 01/23/13 -- A group of businessmen/women and citizens of the town of Gaspe, who have been watching their regional economy disintegrate, have decided to create an organization who's name speaks for itself. The "Regroupement pour l'avancement economique de la Gaspesie" will serve as a vehicle of intervention that will assure the harmonious development of all economic related files.
The main objective of the Regroupement pour l'avancement economique de la Gaspesie is to become an additional voice and unify those who are concerned with the economic development of the Gaspesie.
"The motivation behind the creation or this organization stems from the recent situation concerning the development of the petroleum industry in the town of Gaspe. The recent actions by the town council are absolutely unacceptable. For many years, the Gaspesie has been suffering from an important declining economic situation. The systematic blockage culture must cease." states Mr. Gaston Langlais, spokesperson of the organization.
The Regroupement pour l'avancement economique de la Gaspesie intends to maintain pressure on the town council in order to permit the drilling of Haldimand 4 by suspending its recent regulation. "Now that our organization exists, we will do everything in our power to make our voice heard, each and every time an economic project for the Gaspesie is threatened by negative public opinion." concludes Mr. Langlais.
Sources: Mr. Gaston Langlais
Spokesperson for the Regroupement
pour l'avancement economique de la Gaspesie
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise