Comedian Steve Harvey was moved to tears when an old friend appeared via satellite on his Chicago daytime chat show to wish him a happy birthday.
Harvey took the unexpected call during the taping of an episode celebrating his 56th birthday.
When the man appeared via satellite and wished Harvey a happy birthday, the comedian was visibly surprised and replied, "Aw, man," as he paced the stage.
"This is Rich Liss from Orlando, Florida," the man said. "Do you still love me, baby?"
Harvey choked back sobs, then said, "Hey, man, I love you."
The talk-show host then explained Liss and his wife, Becky, were huge supporters of him when he was a carpet cleaner trying to begin his comedy career three decades ago.
"I was struggling," Harvey said, wiping tears from his eyes. "I didn't have nothing. And these people ... took me in. ... I never forgot it. Thank you. I love you all."
Harvey said he had looked for the couple for years in an effort to repay their kindness, but couldn't find them.
He also promised them he would send a plane to bring them to Chicago for a taping of his show.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly