Colombian-born singer Shakira Mebarak announced on her website she has given birth to her first child, a son, in Barcelona, Spain.
Milan Pique Mebarak weighed in at 6 pounds and 6 ounces when he was born Tuesday night.
He is the first child for the recording artist and her longtime beau, Gerard Pique.
"The name Milan means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification," a message on Shakira's website said. "Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth. ... Both mother and child are in excellent health."
The 35-year-old recording artist confirmed she was dating the 25-year-old central defender for FC Barcelona in March 2011.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion