Colombian-born singer Shakira Mebarak announced on her website she has given birth to her first child, a son, in Barcelona, Spain.
Milan Pique Mebarak weighed in at 6 pounds and 6 ounces when he was born Tuesday night.
He is the first child for the recording artist and her longtime beau, Gerard Pique.
"The name Milan means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification," a message on Shakira's website said. "Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth. ... Both mother and child are in excellent health."
The 35-year-old recording artist confirmed she was dating the 25-year-old central defender for FC Barcelona in March 2011.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- Crumbs to Be Reopened by Chicago-based Investor, Owner of Dippin' Dots
- Freshman Frustrations in Congress
- Public, Industry Weigh in on Oil Train Safety