Colombian-born singer Shakira Mebarak announced on her website she has given birth to her first child, a son, in Barcelona, Spain.
Milan Pique Mebarak weighed in at 6 pounds and 6 ounces when he was born Tuesday night.
He is the first child for the recording artist and her longtime beau, Gerard Pique.
"The name Milan means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification," a message on Shakira's website said. "Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth. ... Both mother and child are in excellent health."
The 35-year-old recording artist confirmed she was dating the 25-year-old central defender for FC Barcelona in March 2011.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low