OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/23/13 -- The Honourable Vic Toews, Minister of Public Safety, commended CBSA officers on two separate tobacco seizures worth $3.4 million, at the Queenston Bridge in Queenston, Ontario and the Peace Bridge in Fort Erie, Ontario.
"I commend the vigilance of these dedicated CBSA officers who are highly trained to detect and stop the flow of contraband goods.
Trafficking in contraband tobacco puts our communities and citizens at risk. It threatens the health of Canadians and perpetuates criminal activity that jeopardizes our collective efforts to build safe, prosperous communities in which we can raise our families and conduct legitimate business.
Our government has been clear on this: we will not tolerate this type of activity and will spare no effort in stopping those who attempt to traffic in illegal goods."
For more information on the seizure, visit the CBSA website : http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/media/prosecutions-poursuites/nffe/2013-01-23-eng.html
Follow Public Safety Canada (@Safety_Canada) on Twitter.
Public Safety Canada
Canada Border Services Agency
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say