Beyonce lip-synched "The Star Spangled Banner" at President Barack Obama's inauguration, a representative for the U.S. Marine Band told the New York Post.
"All music is prerecorded for the ceremony because there are so many eventualities and conditions that day," Kristin DuBois, the band's spokeswoman told the newspaper of Beyonce's performance Monday in Washington. "We performed, live, the band. But we received last-minute word that Beyonce was going to use the prerecorded vocal track. Those were the instructions we were given. We don't know what the reason why [was.]"
A publicist for Kelly Clarkson, who sang "My Country 'Tis of Thee" at the ceremony, told the Post, "Kelly did sing live!"
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals