Beyonce lip-synched "The Star Spangled Banner" at President Barack Obama's inauguration, a representative for the U.S. Marine Band told the New York Post.
"All music is prerecorded for the ceremony because there are so many eventualities and conditions that day," Kristin DuBois, the band's spokeswoman told the newspaper of Beyonce's performance Monday in Washington. "We performed, live, the band. But we received last-minute word that Beyonce was going to use the prerecorded vocal track. Those were the instructions we were given. We don't know what the reason why [was.]"
A publicist for Kelly Clarkson, who sang "My Country 'Tis of Thee" at the ceremony, told the Post, "Kelly did sing live!"
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March