Beyonce lip-synched "The Star Spangled Banner" at President Barack Obama's inauguration, a representative for the U.S. Marine Band told the New York Post.
"All music is prerecorded for the ceremony because there are so many eventualities and conditions that day," Kristin DuBois, the band's spokeswoman told the newspaper of Beyonce's performance Monday in Washington. "We performed, live, the band. But we received last-minute word that Beyonce was going to use the prerecorded vocal track. Those were the instructions we were given. We don't know what the reason why [was.]"
A publicist for Kelly Clarkson, who sang "My Country 'Tis of Thee" at the ceremony, told the Post, "Kelly did sing live!"
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star