A new stage musical based on the Academy Award-winning animated film "Aladdin" is to open on Broadway next year, Disney Theatrical Productions said Tuesday.
The show will begin performances at Manhattan's New Amsterdam Theatre after a pre-Broadway engagement at Toronto's Ed Mirvish Theatre Nov. 13, 2013, through Jan. 12, 2014.
Featuring music by Alan Menken; lyrics by the late Howard Ashman, Tim Rice and Chad Beguelin; and a book by Beguelin, it is being choreographed and directed by Casey Nicholaw.
Casting, Broadway dates and ticket information for both Toronto and Broadway will be announced at a later date, the show's producers said.
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- El Empleo Rebota: La Columna Cohen
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- Bob Crow Remembered as Shrewd Champion of Union Workers