A new stage musical based on the Academy Award-winning animated film "Aladdin" is to open on Broadway next year, Disney Theatrical Productions said Tuesday.
The show will begin performances at Manhattan's New Amsterdam Theatre after a pre-Broadway engagement at Toronto's Ed Mirvish Theatre Nov. 13, 2013, through Jan. 12, 2014.
Featuring music by Alan Menken; lyrics by the late Howard Ashman, Tim Rice and Chad Beguelin; and a book by Beguelin, it is being choreographed and directed by Casey Nicholaw.
Casting, Broadway dates and ticket information for both Toronto and Broadway will be announced at a later date, the show's producers said.
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Ullman Says Penney Turnaround Will Take Time
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- Under the alien ; Tulsa native Heather Langenkamp talks about how she got a part in the new "Star Trek" film.
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox