A new stage musical based on the Academy Award-winning animated film "Aladdin" is to open on Broadway next year, Disney Theatrical Productions said Tuesday.
The show will begin performances at Manhattan's New Amsterdam Theatre after a pre-Broadway engagement at Toronto's Ed Mirvish Theatre Nov. 13, 2013, through Jan. 12, 2014.
Featuring music by Alan Menken; lyrics by the late Howard Ashman, Tim Rice and Chad Beguelin; and a book by Beguelin, it is being choreographed and directed by Casey Nicholaw.
Casting, Broadway dates and ticket information for both Toronto and Broadway will be announced at a later date, the show's producers said.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Insurance Rule Change Angers Industry
- Alex Kinsey, Sierra Deaton Crowned 'X-Factor' Champs
- Revised GDP Up 4.1 Percent in 3rd Quarter
- Obama Opens Last-Minute Loophole in Insurance Law
- Obama's Dad Was Abusive Drunk, Half Brother Says
- Brian Boitano Announces That He Is Gay
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama
- BlackBerry Posts $4.4 Billion Quarterly Net Loss