British singer-songwriter Adele is to perform her Oscar-nominated "Skyfall" at the 85th Academy Awards ceremony in Los Angeles next month, producers said.
The Best Original Song Oscar nominee, which Adele wrote with Paul Epworth, is the first James Bond theme song to debut in Billboard's Top 10 and the first to be nominated for an Oscar since "For Your Eyes Only" in 1981.
Adele's Oscar show performance will mark the first time she performs "Skyfall" live and will also be her first U.S. television performance since she took the stage at the Grammy Awards ceremony last year. She gave birth in 2012 to her first child, a son.
"It's an honor to be nominated and terrifyingly wonderful to be singing in front of people who have captured my imagination over and over again," Adele said in a statement Wednesday. "It's something I've never experienced and probably only ever will once."
"We have enormous respect for Adele's unique artistry as a songwriter and a singer," said Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, the producers of this year's Academy Awards show, in a joint statement. "She is currently one of the most successful recording artists in the world, and we believe that her performance of 'Skyfall' will be an exciting Oscar moment for audiences watching at the Dolby Theatre and on television screens around the world."
Oscars for outstanding film achievements of 2012 will be presented Feb. 24. Seth MacFarlane is to serve as host of the event, which will air live on ABC.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women