OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/22/13 -- The Honourable Joe Oliver, Canada's Minister of Natural Resources, today issued the following statement following the decision of Dave Heineman, Governor of Nebraska, to approve the re-route for the proposed TransCanada Keystone XL pipeline that would avoid the state's environmentally sensitive Sandhills region.
"Our government welcomes the positive decision by the Nebraska Governor, Dave Heineman, to approve the rerouting of the Keystone XL pipeline. We support the Keystone XL project because it benefits jobs and the economic growth of both Canada and the United States. This important project is expected to create thousands of jobs and generate revenue to governments to support our critical social programs, including health care and education. Our desire is to work with the Obama Administration in achieving final approval. We believe Keystone XL will enhance the future economic prosperity and security of both Canada and the United States."
NRCan's news releases and backgrounders are available at www.nrcan.gc.ca/media.
Media may contact:
Office of Canada's Minister of Natural Resources, Ottawa
Natural Resources Canada, Ottawa
The general public may contact:
Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. EST
(teletype for the hearing-impaired)
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws