A Southwest Airlines flight from Denver blew three tires when it made an emergency landing as it returned to the airports, officials said.
Flight 513 to Las Vegas was taking off from Denver International Airport Monday afternoon when the pilot noticed a warning list, KMGH-TV, Denver, reported Tuesday.
Overheated brakes caused the tires to explode when the plane landed on the runway, spokeswoman Cynthia Karvaski said.
Karvaski said the passengers were bused to the terminal and departed on a later flight, and the runway was closed until the aircraft could be removed.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South