A Southwest Airlines flight from Denver blew three tires when it made an emergency landing as it returned to the airports, officials said.
Flight 513 to Las Vegas was taking off from Denver International Airport Monday afternoon when the pilot noticed a warning list, KMGH-TV, Denver, reported Tuesday.
Overheated brakes caused the tires to explode when the plane landed on the runway, spokeswoman Cynthia Karvaski said.
Karvaski said the passengers were bused to the terminal and departed on a later flight, and the runway was closed until the aircraft could be removed.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries