SolarCity (Nasdaq: SCTY), a leading provider of clean energy, is
promoting energy efficient homes by featuring the Net Zero' model home
concept to the homebuilding industry at this year's International
Builders Show (IBS) hosted by the National Association of Home Builders
(NAHB). SolarCity powered The New American Home, a green model home
designed by Blue Heron and available for a free visit exclusively to IBS
attendees. The New American Home runs on solar power generated by 56
solar panels that create more energy than the home needs in a year
making it an ideal Net Zero' home for today's homeowners.
SolarCity helped change the way consumers can access energy by providing cleaner energy directly to homeowners and businesses for less than they spend on their utility bills. The company launched its Homebuilder Partner Program to incorporate solar in new residential construction and dramatically lower a homeowner's energy costs by allowing them to generate their own clean power. SolarCity's installations for new homebuilder construction grew by more than 350 percent from year 2011 to 2012. The company has formed partnerships with more than 30 national and regional homebuilders in 100+ communities across the U.S., including Trilogy by Shea Homes, Taylor Morrison, and many more.
At this year's IBS show, SolarCity is exhibiting at Booth N1155 in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC). The company is also sponsoring Green Day' that will put the spotlight on sustainable building practices through an educational speaker series. SolarCity welcomes IBS media and attendees to meet with us and attend one of our participating sessions, listed below. Exception caught in main.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction