Colombian pop star Shakira, 35, on Tuesday
arrived at a hospital in Barcelona, Spain, to give birth to her first
Shakira was seen arriving by car, accompanied by FC Barcelona footballer Gerard Pique, the father of the child.
The baby is known to be a boy, though his name has been kept secret.
He was due to be born by Cesarean section, according to media reports. Shakira's parents and two of her siblings have arrived in Barcelona, where she lives much of the time.
Shakira has not appeared in public since January 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Senate Reaches Unemployment Benefits Deal
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna