Colombian pop star Shakira, 35, on Tuesday
arrived at a hospital in Barcelona, Spain, to give birth to her first
Shakira was seen arriving by car, accompanied by FC Barcelona footballer Gerard Pique, the father of the child.
The baby is known to be a boy, though his name has been kept secret.
He was due to be born by Cesarean section, according to media reports. Shakira's parents and two of her siblings have arrived in Barcelona, where she lives much of the time.
Shakira has not appeared in public since January 14.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women