Colombian pop star Shakira, 35, on Tuesday
arrived at a hospital in Barcelona, Spain, to give birth to her first
Shakira was seen arriving by car, accompanied by FC Barcelona footballer Gerard Pique, the father of the child.
The baby is known to be a boy, though his name has been kept secret.
He was due to be born by Cesarean section, according to media reports. Shakira's parents and two of her siblings have arrived in Barcelona, where she lives much of the time.
Shakira has not appeared in public since January 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison