Colombian pop star Shakira, 35, on Tuesday
arrived at a hospital in Barcelona, Spain, to give birth to her first
Shakira was seen arriving by car, accompanied by FC Barcelona footballer Gerard Pique, the father of the child.
The baby is known to be a boy, though his name has been kept secret.
He was due to be born by Cesarean section, according to media reports. Shakira's parents and two of her siblings have arrived in Barcelona, where she lives much of the time.
Shakira has not appeared in public since January 14.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact