Colombian pop star Shakira, 35, on Tuesday
arrived at a hospital in Barcelona, Spain, to give birth to her first
Shakira was seen arriving by car, accompanied by FC Barcelona footballer Gerard Pique, the father of the child.
The baby is known to be a boy, though his name has been kept secret.
He was due to be born by Cesarean section, according to media reports. Shakira's parents and two of her siblings have arrived in Barcelona, where she lives much of the time.
Shakira has not appeared in public since January 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype