HONG KONG -- (Marketwire) -- 01/22/13 -- Goodman Group ("Goodman" or "Group"), the integrated property group which owns, develops and manages industrial space, is pleased to announce that it will be hosting 'Goodman Interlink Magic Mile Charity Ramp Run' for the second consecutive year at its flagship property in Tsing Yi on Sunday, 10 March 2013.
At this charity event, corporate teams and individual participants will race to complete the 15-floor cargo ramp of Goodman Interlink, a landmark warehouse and distribution building in Hong Kong's strategically important Tsing Yi port district.
Following the success of this event last year, Goodman will again raise funds for Benji's Centre, which provides professional speech therapy services to children and teenagers from low-income families in Hong Kong. Each corporate team will raise/donate HK$5,000 while individual participants will raise/contribute HK$500 to participate in the event.
Mr Philip Pearce, Goodman's Managing Director, Greater China, commented, "We are extremely proud to continue to host this event to support and raise funds for Benji's Centre, a charitable organisation very close to our hearts. This year, we are opening up the event to individual participants to give more people in Hong Kong the opportunity to be part of this worthy cause."
There was overwhelming support at the Goodman Interlink Magic Mile event last year, with more than 300 people in attendance, and over 60 corporate teams competing in the charity ramp run which raised HK$400,000 for Benji's Centre.
Those interested to participate in the event can download the enrolment forms at www.goodman.com/cn.
About Goodman Interlink
Goodman Interlink is the fourth largest warehouse and distribution development in Hong Kong with 2.4 million sq ft of lettable floor area. Located in the heart of Tsing Yi and immediately adjacent to Container Terminal 9 and Stonecutter's Bridge, Goodman Interlink is strategically close to Hong Kong's container ports, the International airport and major highways to mainland China. It is the only warehouse and distribution development in Hong Kong awarded a Gold Standard certification from the HK BEAM and a pre-certification from LEED.
About Benji's Centre
Benji's Centre was founded in 2004. It is a charitable organization providing specialized professional speech therapy to children and teenagers with communication problems from low-income families in Hong Kong.
The Centre is providing over 260 children with intensive individual therapies and has helped more than 1,300 children since its establishment. 70% of the children in the Centre enjoy free remission and the remaining 30% pay a fee of half of private therapy charge.
For further information, please visit www.benjiscentre.org.hk
For further information, please contact:
Marketing Director, Asia
Tel + 852 2249 3149 / 6111 9452
Citigate Dewe Rogerson
Tel +852 3103 0108 / 9325 3363
Tel +852 3103 0118 / 6605 9808
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women