Aetna is selling its Missouri Medicaid Business, Missouri Care, to WellCare Health Plans Inc.
Terms of the sale were not released.
Missouri Care's CEO Pamela Johnson and employees will join Tampa, Fla.-based WellCare after the sale closes to ensure uninterrupted service for the more than 100,000 members in the state, the company said in a statement.
The sale is related to Hartford, Conn.-based Aetna's proposed acquisition of Coventry Health Care, which operates the Health Care USA Medicaid plan in Missouri.
"A combination of Missouri Care and HealthCare USA would exceed permissible membership thresholds under Missouri Medicaid contracts," Aetna said in a statement. Aetna's purchase of Coventry is set to close in mid-2013.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women