Aetna is selling its Missouri Medicaid Business, Missouri Care, to WellCare Health Plans Inc.
Terms of the sale were not released.
Missouri Care's CEO Pamela Johnson and employees will join Tampa, Fla.-based WellCare after the sale closes to ensure uninterrupted service for the more than 100,000 members in the state, the company said in a statement.
The sale is related to Hartford, Conn.-based Aetna's proposed acquisition of Coventry Health Care, which operates the Health Care USA Medicaid plan in Missouri.
"A combination of Missouri Care and HealthCare USA would exceed permissible membership thresholds under Missouri Medicaid contracts," Aetna said in a statement. Aetna's purchase of Coventry is set to close in mid-2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels