Aetna is selling its Missouri Medicaid Business, Missouri Care, to WellCare Health Plans Inc.
Terms of the sale were not released.
Missouri Care's CEO Pamela Johnson and employees will join Tampa, Fla.-based WellCare after the sale closes to ensure uninterrupted service for the more than 100,000 members in the state, the company said in a statement.
The sale is related to Hartford, Conn.-based Aetna's proposed acquisition of Coventry Health Care, which operates the Health Care USA Medicaid plan in Missouri.
"A combination of Missouri Care and HealthCare USA would exceed permissible membership thresholds under Missouri Medicaid contracts," Aetna said in a statement. Aetna's purchase of Coventry is set to close in mid-2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth