Aetna is selling its Missouri Medicaid Business, Missouri Care, to WellCare Health Plans Inc.
Terms of the sale were not released.
Missouri Care's CEO Pamela Johnson and employees will join Tampa, Fla.-based WellCare after the sale closes to ensure uninterrupted service for the more than 100,000 members in the state, the company said in a statement.
The sale is related to Hartford, Conn.-based Aetna's proposed acquisition of Coventry Health Care, which operates the Health Care USA Medicaid plan in Missouri.
"A combination of Missouri Care and HealthCare USA would exceed permissible membership thresholds under Missouri Medicaid contracts," Aetna said in a statement. Aetna's purchase of Coventry is set to close in mid-2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think