Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) today announced the company has been named a Thomson Reuters 2012 Top 100 Global Innovator. The program, an initiative of the IP Solutions business of Thomson Reuters, honors corporations and institutions around the world that are at the heart of innovation.
"Innovation fuels TI's success in developing the analog and embedded process technologies that are helping to shape the future of electronics," said Rich Templeton, chairman, president and chief executive officer of TI. "TI employees are passionate about innovation, and this recognition underscores our commitment to fostering it across every level of the company to enable game-changing, differentiated semiconductor solutions for TI customers."
The Thomson Reuters 2012 Top 100 Global Innovator methodology is based on four principle criteria: overall patent volume, patent grant success rate, global reach of the portfolio and patent influence as evidenced by citations. The peer-reviewed methodology was executed using a series of Thomson Reuters' proprietary patent-related metrics and tools including the Thomson Reuters Derwent World Patents Index((R)) (DWPI). Comparative financial analysis was also completed. To view the full report, visit www.top100innovators.com
"Innovation is the foundation for economic prosperity and technological advancement," said David Brown, managing director, Thomson Reuters IP Solutions. "We congratulate the Thomson Reuters 2012 Top 100 Global Innovator companies and their leaders for recognizing the important role innovation plays in the successes of today and of tomorrow."
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista