LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 01/21/13 -- Leading UK tufted carpet manufacturer Cormar Carpets has completed the final piece of the jigsaw with the installation of a second GBP 350,000 5m wide cutting machine within its cut lengths department.
It is the final phase in a three year programme of investment to upgrade the department to keep the company at the cutting edge of customer needs.
"The project has provided several benefits for the business and customers," said Cormar md, David Judge. "Specifically the second 5m cutting machine will be faster and more efficient which in turn increases our capacity.
"Having two 5m cutting machines also provides us with ongoing back-up and as the second machine features the latest technology, it helps to 'future-proof' the cut lengths department."
The last phase follows on from the installation of a new conveyor system between the warehouse and cutting tables that increased cutting rate and capacity, along with the purchase of four new 'compact boom trucks' boom trucks to service the updated system back in 2009. The sortation system was upgraded in 2008 which maximised Cormar's ability to cut, load and ship to tight deadlines.
Over the past year, Cormar has demonstrated a continuous policy of inward investment both in terms of plant, machinery, delivery fleet and people - including a brand new advanced logistics system and investment in five new vehicles for its truck fleet of 49 vehicles.
It is this commitment to ongoing investment that has seen Cormar Carpets become one of the UK's most successful independent producer of carpets with some one million people a year buying a Cormar carpet.
Lisa Artis or Jan Turner
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists