OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/21/13 -- NAV CANADA announced today its traffic figures for the month of December 2012 as measured in weighted charging units for en-route, terminal and oceanic air navigation services, in comparison to the last fiscal year.
The traffic in December 2012 decreased by an average of 3.4 per cent compared to the same month in 2011.
Fiscal 2013 year-to-date traffic was 2.0 per cent lower than in the prior fiscal year. NAV CANADA's fiscal year runs from September 1 to August 31.
Weighted charging units represent a traffic measure that reflects the number of flights, aircraft size and distance flown in Canadian airspace.
The information contained in this news release is also available in graph form.
NAV CANADA is the country's private sector civil air navigation services provider. With operations from coast to coast to coast, NAV CANADA provides air traffic control, flight information, weather briefings, aeronautical information services, airport advisory services and electronic aids to navigation.
Director, Government and Public Affairs
Manager, Media Relations
Media Information Line:
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low