TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/21/13 -- The Honourable Tony Clement, President of the Treasury Board and Minister responsible for FedNor, today met with business representatives from the Philippine Chamber of Commerce - Toronto to discuss building a stronger economy and helping our country prosper over the long-term. Minister Clement was accompanied by Roxanne James, Member of Parliament for Scarborough Centre, and Joe Daniel, Member of Parliament for Don Valley East.
"Our Government has been hard at work implementing Economic Action Plan 2012 to help grow the economy and create jobs," said Minister Clement. "Our Plan is keeping Canada on the right track, with over 900,000 net new jobs created since the end of the global recession - the best growth record among all G-7 countries."
The economic consultation at the Philippine Chamber of Commerce is part of a process being carried out across the country, as Canadians are asked what concrete actions can be taken to strengthen our economy in the face of global economic threats, to solidify our economic recovery and position Canada to compete and prosper over the long term.
"On behalf of the members of the Philippine Chamber of Commerce -Toronto, in particular, and the whole Filipino Canadian business community in general, I thank the Government for tapping our business community to contribute to this roundtable discussion," said Mr. Oswald Tugadi, President of the Philippine Chamber of Commerce. "I believe that this is the first time that we, Filipino Canadians, will have an opportunity to have input in such an exercise."
In order to further ensure all Canadians can participate in the process, the Government of Canada has also launched an online pre-budget consultation through the federal Finance Department website. All those interested in participating can find more information at www.fin.gc.ca.
IF THERE IS A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN ANY PRINTED VERSION AND THE ELECTRONIC VERSION OF THIS NEWS RELEASE, THE ELECTRONIC VERSION WILL PREVAIL.
TTY (telecommunications device for the hearing impaired) - 613-957-9090
This news release is available at www.tbs-sct.gc.ca.
Follow us on Twitter: @TBS_Canada
Office of the President of the Treasury Board
and Minister responsible for FedNor
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?