AJAX-PICKERING, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/21/13 -- The Honourable Tony Clement, President of the Treasury Board and Minister responsible for FedNor, today met with business representatives from the Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade in advance of the federal government's upcoming budget. Minister Clement was accompanied by Chris Alexander, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of National Defence and Member of Parliament for Ajax-Pickering.
"Through economic consultations, our Government is seeking Canadians' views on efficiently using taxpayer dollars. We are committed to responsible management and to making spending decisions that will not increase deficits and the tax burden on Canadians," said Minister Clement. "Our Government will continue to build on the pro-growth initiatives we have implemented and to create long-term prosperity for all Canadians."
The Ajax-Pickering economic consultation is part of a process being carried out across the country, as Canadians are asked what concrete actions can be taken to strengthen our economy in the face of global economic threats, to solidify our economic recovery and position Canada to compete and prosper over the long term.
"The Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade welcomes and appreciates the opportunity to be included in these economic consultations," said Joan Wideman, Co-Chair of the Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade's Government Relations Committee. "We look forward to working with the Government of Canada to address the priorities of the businesses of Ajax and Pickering."
In order to further ensure all Canadians can participate in the process, the Government of Canada has also launched an online pre-budget consultation through the federal Finance Department website. All those interested in participating can find more information at www.fin.gc.ca.
IF THERE IS A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN ANY PRINTED VERSION AND THE ELECTRONIC VERSION OF THIS NEWS RELEASE, THE ELECTRONIC VERSION WILL PREVAIL.
TTY (telecommunications device for the hearing impaired) - 613-957-9090
This news release is available at www.tbs-sct.gc.ca.
Follow us on Twitter: @TBS_Canada
Office of the President of the Treasury
Board and Minister responsible for FedNor
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go