CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/21/13 -- The Honourable Rona Ambrose, Minister of Public Works and Government Services and Minister for Status of Women, and Minister responsible for Shared Services Canada (SSC), today addressed members of the Alberta Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector on the transformation of the Government of Canada's IT infrastructure.
"Our Government is focused on the economy and input from industry is essential so that we can buy smarter and get better value for Canadian taxpayers," said Minister Ambrose. "We're committed to streamlining the delivery of information and services to Canadians while saving money, and ending waste and duplication."
Shared Services Canada was created in August 2011 to transform the Government's IT infrastructure in three key areas: email, data centres and telecommunications. The government recognizes the important role that the ICT sector will play in this transformation and the benefits of building an ongoing and substantive relationship with industry.
Minister Ambrose and Shared Services Canada are seeking the views of the ICT sector on key elements of its transformation agenda. These include developing standards for security, data and technologies; defining how the Government will source data centres and telecommunications; and identifying best practices for procurement as well as ways to accelerate innovation and commercialization in the Canadian ICT sector.
Today's meeting is an opportunity to seek the views of the ICT sector in Alberta.
For more information on SSC's engagement activities with the ICT sector, visit www.ssc-spc.gc.ca/pages/itir-triti/roundtable-tablerond-eng.html.
Director of Communications
Office of the Honourable Rona Ambrose
Media Relations Office
Shared Services Canada
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women