TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/21/13 -- Greypoint Capital announced today that it closed its first private debt fund, Greypoint Capital L.P. (the Fund) on January 1, 2013.
"We are deeply honoured by the support of our founding investor group and look forward to exploring lending opportunities in the under-served Canadian middle market," said Holly Allen, president of Greypoint Capital.
Ms Allen believes that companies with enterprise values of $100 million to $1.5 billion represent an opportunity often overlooked by specialty lenders. "With the departure of a number of notable U.S. lenders and Canadian mezzanine lenders," said Ms Allen, "we see an opportunity to fill what we feel is a significant gap in the Canadian debt market, which of late has been focused on larger debt financings."
About Greypoint Capital
Greypoint Capital is a Toronto-based specialty lender that finances Canadian middle-market companies that have a strong asset base, with a focus on companies that have real estate and/or fixed-asset holdings, as well as commercial real estate businesses. Greypoint Capital is able to originate and underwrite private secured debt transactions of between $10 million and $100 million. The firm's flagship fund, Greypoint Capital L.P., provides senior debt facilities, stretch senior, second lien debt, mezzanine debt, acquisition facilities and other debt products.
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies at 87
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Chipotle Plans First Price Rise in 3 Years