Bremerton's Ramel Casablanca won the super heavyweight division at the Golden Gloves in Tacoma on Saturday.
It was the first win for Casablanca in five fights. The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Casablanca beat Elvis Garcia, who beat him the previous fight, in a split decision.
The win qualified Casablanca for the national tournament this spring in Las Vegas.
Casablanca is trained by Mario Cabillo.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth