Bremerton's Ramel Casablanca won the super heavyweight division at the Golden Gloves in Tacoma on Saturday.
It was the first win for Casablanca in five fights. The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Casablanca beat Elvis Garcia, who beat him the previous fight, in a split decision.
The win qualified Casablanca for the national tournament this spring in Las Vegas.
Casablanca is trained by Mario Cabillo.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up