Bremerton's Ramel Casablanca won the super heavyweight division at the Golden Gloves in Tacoma on Saturday.
It was the first win for Casablanca in five fights. The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Casablanca beat Elvis Garcia, who beat him the previous fight, in a split decision.
The win qualified Casablanca for the national tournament this spring in Las Vegas.
Casablanca is trained by Mario Cabillo.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy