Bremerton's Ramel Casablanca won the super heavyweight division at the Golden Gloves in Tacoma on Saturday.
It was the first win for Casablanca in five fights. The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Casablanca beat Elvis Garcia, who beat him the previous fight, in a split decision.
The win qualified Casablanca for the national tournament this spring in Las Vegas.
Casablanca is trained by Mario Cabillo.
Most Popular Stories
- Diplomatic, Financial Fix Sought for Ukraine Crisis
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Las Vegas Casino Wants 'Blackout Drunk' Gambler to Pony up $500,000
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Disney Lays Off 700 From Interactive Unit
- Last Call for Hispanic Health Care Signups
- Staples Closing Stores, Moving Online
- Stocks Get Green Light on Weekly Jobless Claims
- Costco Revenue Up, Profits Down in Q2
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?