Bremerton's Ramel Casablanca won the super heavyweight division at the Golden Gloves in Tacoma on Saturday.
It was the first win for Casablanca in five fights. The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Casablanca beat Elvis Garcia, who beat him the previous fight, in a split decision.
The win qualified Casablanca for the national tournament this spring in Las Vegas.
Casablanca is trained by Mario Cabillo.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia