Gov. Scott Walker has announced that the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. had committed an additional $100,000 to the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin's revolving loan fund.
Walker made the announcement Saturday at the Chamber of Commerce's annual gala in Milwaukee.
"This co-investment by WEDC in the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce revolving loan fund will leverage other public and private matching funds to assist businesses grow in Wisconsin," Walker said in a statement. "This investment in the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce revolving loan fund is part of WEDC's strategic plan to support business development and job growth in Wisconsin."
WEDC made an initial seed investment of $100,000 in 2012 to help establish the loan program, with the chamber administering the revolving loan fund.
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Kanye West 'SNL Speech' Renounces Celebrity Status
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions
- Under the alien ; Tulsa native Heather Langenkamp talks about how she got a part in the new "Star Trek" film.