Gov. Scott Walker has announced that the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. had committed an additional $100,000 to the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin's revolving loan fund.
Walker made the announcement Saturday at the Chamber of Commerce's annual gala in Milwaukee.
"This co-investment by WEDC in the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce revolving loan fund will leverage other public and private matching funds to assist businesses grow in Wisconsin," Walker said in a statement. "This investment in the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce revolving loan fund is part of WEDC's strategic plan to support business development and job growth in Wisconsin."
WEDC made an initial seed investment of $100,000 in 2012 to help establish the loan program, with the chamber administering the revolving loan fund.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.