Gov. Scott Walker has announced that the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. had committed an additional $100,000 to the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin's revolving loan fund.
Walker made the announcement Saturday at the Chamber of Commerce's annual gala in Milwaukee.
"This co-investment by WEDC in the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce revolving loan fund will leverage other public and private matching funds to assist businesses grow in Wisconsin," Walker said in a statement. "This investment in the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce revolving loan fund is part of WEDC's strategic plan to support business development and job growth in Wisconsin."
WEDC made an initial seed investment of $100,000 in 2012 to help establish the loan program, with the chamber administering the revolving loan fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West