Gov. Scott Walker has announced that the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. had committed an additional $100,000 to the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin's revolving loan fund.
Walker made the announcement Saturday at the Chamber of Commerce's annual gala in Milwaukee.
"This co-investment by WEDC in the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce revolving loan fund will leverage other public and private matching funds to assist businesses grow in Wisconsin," Walker said in a statement. "This investment in the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce revolving loan fund is part of WEDC's strategic plan to support business development and job growth in Wisconsin."
WEDC made an initial seed investment of $100,000 in 2012 to help establish the loan program, with the chamber administering the revolving loan fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted