Gov. Scott Walker has announced that the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. had committed an additional $100,000 to the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin's revolving loan fund.
Walker made the announcement Saturday at the Chamber of Commerce's annual gala in Milwaukee.
"This co-investment by WEDC in the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce revolving loan fund will leverage other public and private matching funds to assist businesses grow in Wisconsin," Walker said in a statement. "This investment in the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce revolving loan fund is part of WEDC's strategic plan to support business development and job growth in Wisconsin."
WEDC made an initial seed investment of $100,000 in 2012 to help establish the loan program, with the chamber administering the revolving loan fund.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security