Gov. Scott Walker has announced that the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. had committed an additional $100,000 to the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin's revolving loan fund.
Walker made the announcement Saturday at the Chamber of Commerce's annual gala in Milwaukee.
"This co-investment by WEDC in the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce revolving loan fund will leverage other public and private matching funds to assist businesses grow in Wisconsin," Walker said in a statement. "This investment in the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce revolving loan fund is part of WEDC's strategic plan to support business development and job growth in Wisconsin."
WEDC made an initial seed investment of $100,000 in 2012 to help establish the loan program, with the chamber administering the revolving loan fund.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?