Gov. Scott Walker has announced that the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. had committed an additional $100,000 to the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin's revolving loan fund.
Walker made the announcement Saturday at the Chamber of Commerce's annual gala in Milwaukee.
"This co-investment by WEDC in the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce revolving loan fund will leverage other public and private matching funds to assist businesses grow in Wisconsin," Walker said in a statement. "This investment in the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce revolving loan fund is part of WEDC's strategic plan to support business development and job growth in Wisconsin."
WEDC made an initial seed investment of $100,000 in 2012 to help establish the loan program, with the chamber administering the revolving loan fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Cost of Health Care Slowing in U.S.
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- Microsoft Says XBox Is No Big Brother
- Intel Working on Smartwatch; Mum on Possible Apple Link
- Using Acids to Unlock Shale Oil OK, Regulator Says
- NHU, Canada College Partner on B.A. in Child Development
- Fed Will Keep Buying Bonds for Now; Markets Dip