The United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC) is pleased to announce that President & CEO Javier Palomarez was named one of the "Ten Latinos who made history in 2012" by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). Leaders were selected for their impact in the fields of politics, business, culture and entertainment.
Palomarez was hailed as a champion for small business - a sector in which Hispanics are a key economic force. The list included Univision anchor and journalist Jorge Ramos, U.S. Representatives Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) and Jamie Herrera (R-WA), as well as actor/activist Rosario Dawson.
"We are very proud of Javier as he continues to elevate the USHCC on the national stage and now the larger world is also taking notice. This honor by the BBC, a truly global media outlet, is not only great news for our organization, but also recognition from an increasingly broad audience that our Hispanic business constituency is a formidable economic and political force in America today" said USHCC Chairman Marc A. Rodriguez.
Founded in 1979, the USHCC actively promotes the economic growth and development of Hispanic entrepreneurs and represents the interests of more than 3 million Hispanic-owned businesses in the United States that together contribute over $465 billion to the American economy each year.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English