Spanish golfer Miguel Angel Jimenez will be out of action for at
least three months after a skiing accident during the festive
The 48-year-old, who became the oldest winner in European Tour history when he won in Hong Kong last month, was skiing in the Sierra Nevada mountain region when he broke his right leg in a fall.
Jimenez, one of Jose Maria Olazabal's vice-captains at the Ryder Cup in Medinah, was taken to the mountain medical centre for an X- ray before being transferred to a hospital in nearby Malaga, where he was operated on.
"I was going down a hill and lost control briefly and when I fell it was very sore," Jimenez said on the European Tour's website. "I knew immediately I had broken something.
"The medical staff at Sierra Nevada took me for an X-ray straight away and I am very thankful to them."
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama