Spanish golfer Miguel Angel Jimenez will be out of action for at
least three months after a skiing accident during the festive
The 48-year-old, who became the oldest winner in European Tour history when he won in Hong Kong last month, was skiing in the Sierra Nevada mountain region when he broke his right leg in a fall.
Jimenez, one of Jose Maria Olazabal's vice-captains at the Ryder Cup in Medinah, was taken to the mountain medical centre for an X- ray before being transferred to a hospital in nearby Malaga, where he was operated on.
"I was going down a hill and lost control briefly and when I fell it was very sore," Jimenez said on the European Tour's website. "I knew immediately I had broken something.
"The medical staff at Sierra Nevada took me for an X-ray straight away and I am very thankful to them."
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend