Spanish golfer Miguel Angel Jimenez will be out of action for at
least three months after a skiing accident during the festive
The 48-year-old, who became the oldest winner in European Tour history when he won in Hong Kong last month, was skiing in the Sierra Nevada mountain region when he broke his right leg in a fall.
Jimenez, one of Jose Maria Olazabal's vice-captains at the Ryder Cup in Medinah, was taken to the mountain medical centre for an X- ray before being transferred to a hospital in nearby Malaga, where he was operated on.
"I was going down a hill and lost control briefly and when I fell it was very sore," Jimenez said on the European Tour's website. "I knew immediately I had broken something.
"The medical staff at Sierra Nevada took me for an X-ray straight away and I am very thankful to them."
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- Charitable Giving Sees Encouraging Growth
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?