Spanish golfer Miguel Angel Jimenez will be out of action for at
least three months after a skiing accident during the festive
The 48-year-old, who became the oldest winner in European Tour history when he won in Hong Kong last month, was skiing in the Sierra Nevada mountain region when he broke his right leg in a fall.
Jimenez, one of Jose Maria Olazabal's vice-captains at the Ryder Cup in Medinah, was taken to the mountain medical centre for an X- ray before being transferred to a hospital in nearby Malaga, where he was operated on.
"I was going down a hill and lost control briefly and when I fell it was very sore," Jimenez said on the European Tour's website. "I knew immediately I had broken something.
"The medical staff at Sierra Nevada took me for an X-ray straight away and I am very thankful to them."
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Intruder Gets into White House
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas