Application developers said they have spotted a technical hint that U.S. technology giant Apple is working on its next iPhone and an updated operating system.
Next Web reported many developers had noticed their user logs with the company referencing "iPhone6,1" hardware using iOS 7, which would be the next generation phone and operating system No. 7.
The company recently released its iPhone 5, which uses iOS 6.
The Chicago Tribune noted Wednesday no information is available in the logs on what new features might be included in the next generation iPhone.
The Tribune reported analysts expect the iPhone 6 will be released sometime in 2013.
The company is famously secretive about product development and equally guarded about launch dates.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- Fiat Chrysler to Build 3 Jeeps in China
- Hawaii is Genetically Engineered Crop Flash Point