Application developers said they have spotted a technical hint that U.S. technology giant Apple is working on its next iPhone and an updated operating system.
Next Web reported many developers had noticed their user logs with the company referencing "iPhone6,1" hardware using iOS 7, which would be the next generation phone and operating system No. 7.
The company recently released its iPhone 5, which uses iOS 6.
The Chicago Tribune noted Wednesday no information is available in the logs on what new features might be included in the next generation iPhone.
The Tribune reported analysts expect the iPhone 6 will be released sometime in 2013.
The company is famously secretive about product development and equally guarded about launch dates.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping