Application developers said they have spotted a technical hint that U.S. technology giant Apple is working on its next iPhone and an updated operating system.
Next Web reported many developers had noticed their user logs with the company referencing "iPhone6,1" hardware using iOS 7, which would be the next generation phone and operating system No. 7.
The company recently released its iPhone 5, which uses iOS 6.
The Chicago Tribune noted Wednesday no information is available in the logs on what new features might be included in the next generation iPhone.
The Tribune reported analysts expect the iPhone 6 will be released sometime in 2013.
The company is famously secretive about product development and equally guarded about launch dates.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down