Application developers said they have spotted a technical hint that U.S. technology giant Apple is working on its next iPhone and an updated operating system.
Next Web reported many developers had noticed their user logs with the company referencing "iPhone6,1" hardware using iOS 7, which would be the next generation phone and operating system No. 7.
The company recently released its iPhone 5, which uses iOS 6.
The Chicago Tribune noted Wednesday no information is available in the logs on what new features might be included in the next generation iPhone.
The Tribune reported analysts expect the iPhone 6 will be released sometime in 2013.
The company is famously secretive about product development and equally guarded about launch dates.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes