Butterball, LLC today announced that it has acquired Gusto Packing Co., located in Montgomery, Ill. Gusto Packing Co. is a family owned and operated business that offers six basic product lines; Hickory & Apple Wood Smoked Bacon, Bone-In Smoked Pork & Turkey Products, Smoked Boneless Hams, Cooked Hams, Pork & Turkey Deli Meats and Spiral Sliced Hams.
"We are pleased to welcome the Gusto team to the Butterball family and look forward to working closely together," said Rod Brenneman, chief executive officer of Butterball, LLC. "With Gusto's 260,000-square-foot facility, we are adding approximately 325 million pounds of further processed capacity to our operations. This additional capacity allows us to support Butterball branded geographic expansion and achieve greater account penetration within current markets. It also affords us the ability to develop and manufacture innovative products for the Butterball brand."
Brenneman continued, "The Butterball brand remains intensely focused on its core product offering, which is turkey. The acquisition provides Gusto with the opportunity to benefit from a national logistics and distribution network and further enhance quality and food safety initiatives."
Going forward, the Gusto Packing Co. leadership team as well as approximately 500 employees are expected to remain in their current positions.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power