On the opening day of the 51st New Mexico Legislature the Speaker of the House W. Ken Martinez appointed Representative Rudy Martinez as a member of the House Appropriations and Finance Committee.
Rep. Martinez, D-District 39, represents Dona Ana, Grant and Sierra Counties. He stated, "I'm honored to be entrusted with this important and honorable position."Ê
"I would like to commend Speaker of the House Kenny Martinez for his recognition of the abilities Rep. Rudy Martinez brings to the fiscal duties of the state. In addition, having a legislator sit on both chambers' finance committees is a tremendous voice for our constituents," stated District 28 Senator Howie Morales who sits on the NM Senate Finance Committee.
Southwest New Mexico is well represented and play prominent roles in New Mexico's finance committees.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down