On the opening day of the 51st New Mexico Legislature the Speaker of the House W. Ken Martinez appointed Representative Rudy Martinez as a member of the House Appropriations and Finance Committee.
Rep. Martinez, D-District 39, represents Dona Ana, Grant and Sierra Counties. He stated, "I'm honored to be entrusted with this important and honorable position."Ê
"I would like to commend Speaker of the House Kenny Martinez for his recognition of the abilities Rep. Rudy Martinez brings to the fiscal duties of the state. In addition, having a legislator sit on both chambers' finance committees is a tremendous voice for our constituents," stated District 28 Senator Howie Morales who sits on the NM Senate Finance Committee.
Southwest New Mexico is well represented and play prominent roles in New Mexico's finance committees.
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects