On the opening day of the 51st New Mexico Legislature the Speaker of the House W. Ken Martinez appointed Representative Rudy Martinez as a member of the House Appropriations and Finance Committee.
Rep. Martinez, D-District 39, represents Dona Ana, Grant and Sierra Counties. He stated, "I'm honored to be entrusted with this important and honorable position."Ê
"I would like to commend Speaker of the House Kenny Martinez for his recognition of the abilities Rep. Rudy Martinez brings to the fiscal duties of the state. In addition, having a legislator sit on both chambers' finance committees is a tremendous voice for our constituents," stated District 28 Senator Howie Morales who sits on the NM Senate Finance Committee.
Southwest New Mexico is well represented and play prominent roles in New Mexico's finance committees.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson