On the opening day of the 51st New Mexico Legislature the Speaker of the House W. Ken Martinez appointed Representative Rudy Martinez as a member of the House Appropriations and Finance Committee.
Rep. Martinez, D-District 39, represents Dona Ana, Grant and Sierra Counties. He stated, "I'm honored to be entrusted with this important and honorable position."Ê
"I would like to commend Speaker of the House Kenny Martinez for his recognition of the abilities Rep. Rudy Martinez brings to the fiscal duties of the state. In addition, having a legislator sit on both chambers' finance committees is a tremendous voice for our constituents," stated District 28 Senator Howie Morales who sits on the NM Senate Finance Committee.
Southwest New Mexico is well represented and play prominent roles in New Mexico's finance committees.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys