--The crew of a Disney cruise ship rescued two people from a distressed vessel in the Bahamas this week, a cruise line spokeswoman confirmed.
Spokeswoman Rebecca Peddie said the Disney Dream responded to a distress call from a small boat, carrying two U.S. citizens, on Wednesday afternoon.
The rescued people were brought aboard the ship and provided medical attention and food, Peddie said.
The cruise line notified the U.S. Coast Guard, she said, and the pair returned to Port Canaveral onboard the Dream on Thursday.
"We are proud of our Disney Dream crew members, who skillfully demonstrated their training and commitment to maritime protocols around saving lives at sea," the cruise line said in a statement.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses