--The crew of a Disney cruise ship rescued two people from a distressed vessel in the Bahamas this week, a cruise line spokeswoman confirmed.
Spokeswoman Rebecca Peddie said the Disney Dream responded to a distress call from a small boat, carrying two U.S. citizens, on Wednesday afternoon.
The rescued people were brought aboard the ship and provided medical attention and food, Peddie said.
The cruise line notified the U.S. Coast Guard, she said, and the pair returned to Port Canaveral onboard the Dream on Thursday.
"We are proud of our Disney Dream crew members, who skillfully demonstrated their training and commitment to maritime protocols around saving lives at sea," the cruise line said in a statement.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'