--The crew of a Disney cruise ship rescued two people from a distressed vessel in the Bahamas this week, a cruise line spokeswoman confirmed.
Spokeswoman Rebecca Peddie said the Disney Dream responded to a distress call from a small boat, carrying two U.S. citizens, on Wednesday afternoon.
The rescued people were brought aboard the ship and provided medical attention and food, Peddie said.
The cruise line notified the U.S. Coast Guard, she said, and the pair returned to Port Canaveral onboard the Dream on Thursday.
"We are proud of our Disney Dream crew members, who skillfully demonstrated their training and commitment to maritime protocols around saving lives at sea," the cruise line said in a statement.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?