OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/17/13 -- "We are pleased with today's decision that upheld the right of western Canadian grain farmers to make their own business decisions.
"The overwhelming majority of Prairie grain farmers are already taking advantage of the benefits of an open market.
"Our Government will continue to defend the rights of farmers and work with them to strengthen Canadian agriculture and our overall economy." - Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz
The Office of the Honourable Gerry Ritz
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- U.S. Home Construction Hammers Out 5-Year High
- From Fiscal Cliff to Female Head of GM: 2013 in Review
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Budget Deal on Brink of Passing in Senate
- Apple: Disney Animation iPad App Best of 2013
- China Provokes Bitcoin Crash
- Mega Millions Winning Tickets Sold in Atlanta, San Jose
- Wine Collector Convicted of Making Fake Vintages