OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/17/13 -- "We are pleased with today's decision that upheld the right of western Canadian grain farmers to make their own business decisions.
"The overwhelming majority of Prairie grain farmers are already taking advantage of the benefits of an open market.
"Our Government will continue to defend the rights of farmers and work with them to strengthen Canadian agriculture and our overall economy." - Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz
The Office of the Honourable Gerry Ritz
Most Popular Stories
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight