About 200 Algerian hostages escaped their
captors in southern Algeria during an airstrike by the Algerian
military, Algerie 1 news site reported.
The Algerian hostages reported seeing "several" dead and injured hostage-takers as well as "injured" foreign hostages at the site, according to Algerie 1.
They also said 25 foreign hostages had been freed by Algerian commandos, the report added.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation