About 200 Algerian hostages escaped their
captors in southern Algeria during an airstrike by the Algerian
military, Algerie 1 news site reported.
The Algerian hostages reported seeing "several" dead and injured hostage-takers as well as "injured" foreign hostages at the site, according to Algerie 1.
They also said 25 foreign hostages had been freed by Algerian commandos, the report added.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals