About 200 Algerian hostages escaped their
captors in southern Algeria during an airstrike by the Algerian
military, Algerie 1 news site reported.
The Algerian hostages reported seeing "several" dead and injured hostage-takers as well as "injured" foreign hostages at the site, according to Algerie 1.
They also said 25 foreign hostages had been freed by Algerian commandos, the report added.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Menendez Pushes for Iran Sanctions
- Stripped-Down Defense Bill Creates Winners, Losers
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Debt Ceiling Looms Again as Deadline Approaches
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Deportation Threat Looms Larger Than Citizenship Among Hispanics
- Baucus May Be Next China Ambassador