Mercedes will unveil their 2013 Formula One car
for Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg on the eve of the February 5
pre-season test start in Spain.
"We're pleased to announce that our new car, the F1W04 will be unveiled on Monday 4 February at the Circuito de Jerez!" Mercedes said via Facebook and Twitter on Thursday.
The 2008 world champion Hamilton has joined Mercedes from McLaren, taking the place of retired seven-times champion Michael Schumacher. The team placed fifth in the 2012 constructors' list and hopes for better results this year.
The other top teams will launch their new car a few days earlier: McLaren on January 31, Ferrari on February 1 and Red Bull with three-times reigning champion Sebastian Vettel on February 3.
Most Popular Stories
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Obama Imposes Sanctions on Russian Officials
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Ford Flies High on Speed
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- Cape Cod Solar Projects Re-energized