TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/17/13 -- Douglas Buchanan, Managing Director of Granite Partners, today announced the acquisition of Chair-man Mills Inc.
Founded in 1911, Chair-man Mills is recognized as Canada's leader in the special events industry providing high quality table top rentals, stages and dance floors, and high quality tabletop rentals for special events held at major venues and in Canadian private homes.
"We are very pleased with this platform investment and look forward to growing the Chair-man Mills business organically and through acquisition. We believe this will be the first of numerous acquisition opportunities in the fragmented event rental industry," said Douglas Buchanan.
Granite, founded in 1996, is Canada's leading boutique private equity firm and has an unparalleled track record of helping owners of profitable midsized businesses (revenues of $10 million to $100 million) build upon and unlock the value they have created in their businesses.
Terms of the Chair-Man Mills deal were not released.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million