TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/17/13 -- Douglas Buchanan, Managing Director of Granite Partners, today announced the acquisition of Chair-man Mills Inc.
Founded in 1911, Chair-man Mills is recognized as Canada's leader in the special events industry providing high quality table top rentals, stages and dance floors, and high quality tabletop rentals for special events held at major venues and in Canadian private homes.
"We are very pleased with this platform investment and look forward to growing the Chair-man Mills business organically and through acquisition. We believe this will be the first of numerous acquisition opportunities in the fragmented event rental industry," said Douglas Buchanan.
Granite, founded in 1996, is Canada's leading boutique private equity firm and has an unparalleled track record of helping owners of profitable midsized businesses (revenues of $10 million to $100 million) build upon and unlock the value they have created in their businesses.
Terms of the Chair-Man Mills deal were not released.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines