LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 01/17/13 -- Finspreads -- The Christmas period proved to be a successful one for eBay, as the internet marketplace's share price jumped before the end of trading yesterday (January 16th) on the New York Stock Exchange.
Source: eBay share price boosts from sales jump
In the last three months of the year, the company saw strong demand, with sales rising by 18 per cent to $3.9 billion (£2.5 billion) compared to the previous quarter.
On Cyber Monday (November 26th), which is historically seen as the beginning of the festive shopping season, transactions on eBay's mobile applications doubled year-on-year, while PayPal payments nearly tripled.
The firm claims the growing popularity for making purchases via smartphones helped boost activity, while PayPal payments generated the greatest growth totaling $1.5 billion in revenue.
At close of play on the technology-heavy Nasdaq last night, eBay shares rose by 0.7 per cent to $52.90 per unit, while the index itself rose by 0.2 per cent -- or 6.7 points -- finishing on 3117.5 points.
Find out about the Nasdaq and spread betting strategies at Finspreads.
Finspreads pioneered browser-based spread betting in the UK in 1999 by being the first provider in the industry to offer real time spread betting access via a browser.
Everything you need to know about getting started with spread betting. Risk management, trading psychology, fundamental and technical analysis, spread betting tips and strategies and more.
Your losses are magnified in exactly the same way as your gains if the market moves against you and can result in losses exceeding your initial outlay. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Cold Dis-comfort: Antarctica Set Record of -135.8
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Uruguay Gets Ready for Legal Marijuana
- Oldaker Takes Center Stage at Entrepreneur Awards
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?