U.S. newspaper columnist Pauline Phillips has died after a battle with Alzheimer's disease, her publicist said. She was 94.
Phillips was the creator of the "Dear Abby" advice column, which her daughter, Jeanne, took over writing in 2002.
"I have lost my mother, my mentor and my best friend," Jeanne told TMZ after confirming her mother's death Wednesday. "My mother leaves very big high heels to fill with a legacy of compassion, commitment and positive social change. I will honor her memory every day by continuing this legacy."
Pauline's twin sister, Eppie Lederer, was also an advice columnist, writing under the name Ann Landers. She died in 2002 at the age of 83.
Most Popular Stories
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver