U.S. newspaper columnist Pauline Phillips has died after a battle with Alzheimer's disease, her publicist said. She was 94.
Phillips was the creator of the "Dear Abby" advice column, which her daughter, Jeanne, took over writing in 2002.
"I have lost my mother, my mentor and my best friend," Jeanne told TMZ after confirming her mother's death Wednesday. "My mother leaves very big high heels to fill with a legacy of compassion, commitment and positive social change. I will honor her memory every day by continuing this legacy."
Pauline's twin sister, Eppie Lederer, was also an advice columnist, writing under the name Ann Landers. She died in 2002 at the age of 83.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists