Seven foreign hostages held by Islamist
gunmen at a gas facility in Algeria are still alive after an Algerian
army attack, a spokesman for the captors told Mauritania's ANI news
He claimed the army had started an operation to storm the facility where the seven are being held.
He said the seven were three Belgians, two Americans, a Japanese and a Briton. He made an appeal for the companies operating the facility to help hostages injured in the military attack.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry