Seven foreign hostages held by Islamist
gunmen at a gas facility in Algeria are still alive after an Algerian
army attack, a spokesman for the captors told Mauritania's ANI news
He claimed the army had started an operation to storm the facility where the seven are being held.
He said the seven were three Belgians, two Americans, a Japanese and a Briton. He made an appeal for the companies operating the facility to help hostages injured in the military attack.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Celebrities Vow Revenge on Hackers Who Posted Photos
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- Manufacturing in U.S. at Fastest Pace in 3-1/2 Years