Seven foreign hostages held by Islamist
gunmen at a gas facility in Algeria are still alive after an Algerian
army attack, a spokesman for the captors told Mauritania's ANI news
He claimed the army had started an operation to storm the facility where the seven are being held.
He said the seven were three Belgians, two Americans, a Japanese and a Briton. He made an appeal for the companies operating the facility to help hostages injured in the military attack.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records