Seven foreign hostages held by Islamist
gunmen at a gas facility in Algeria are still alive after an Algerian
army attack, a spokesman for the captors told Mauritania's ANI news
He claimed the army had started an operation to storm the facility where the seven are being held.
He said the seven were three Belgians, two Americans, a Japanese and a Briton. He made an appeal for the companies operating the facility to help hostages injured in the military attack.
Most Popular Stories
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- BofA CEO Gets a 77 Percent Pay Bump
- Gazprom Warns Ukraine to Pay Its Gas Bill
- Ukraine Says Russia Can't Have Crimea
- FBI Investigating For-Profit Prison Company
- Alan Mulally Gets Big Payday From Ford
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction