Seven foreign hostages held by Islamist
gunmen at a gas facility in Algeria are still alive after an Algerian
army attack, a spokesman for the captors told Mauritania's ANI news
He claimed the army had started an operation to storm the facility where the seven are being held.
He said the seven were three Belgians, two Americans, a Japanese and a Briton. He made an appeal for the companies operating the facility to help hostages injured in the military attack.
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Kanye West 'SNL Speech' Renounces Celebrity Status
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions