The Senate Committee on Local Government approved two bills by Sen. Tom Garrett, R-Louisa, that affect Goochland and Louisa counties -- both part of Senate District 22, which reaches northern Lynchburg.
One bill allows Goochland County to amend the boundaries of service districts concerning water and sewer development; the other allows Goochland to use GIS mapping, instead of a surveyor's map, to settle a boundary dispute with Louisa County.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules