The Senate Committee on Local Government approved two bills by Sen. Tom Garrett, R-Louisa, that affect Goochland and Louisa counties -- both part of Senate District 22, which reaches northern Lynchburg.
One bill allows Goochland County to amend the boundaries of service districts concerning water and sewer development; the other allows Goochland to use GIS mapping, instead of a surveyor's map, to settle a boundary dispute with Louisa County.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better