The Senate Committee on Local Government approved two bills by Sen. Tom Garrett, R-Louisa, that affect Goochland and Louisa counties -- both part of Senate District 22, which reaches northern Lynchburg.
One bill allows Goochland County to amend the boundaries of service districts concerning water and sewer development; the other allows Goochland to use GIS mapping, instead of a surveyor's map, to settle a boundary dispute with Louisa County.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women