The Senate Committee on Local Government approved two bills by Sen. Tom Garrett, R-Louisa, that affect Goochland and Louisa counties -- both part of Senate District 22, which reaches northern Lynchburg.
One bill allows Goochland County to amend the boundaries of service districts concerning water and sewer development; the other allows Goochland to use GIS mapping, instead of a surveyor's map, to settle a boundary dispute with Louisa County.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Boehner Blames Obama, Senate for Congressional Inactivity
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25