The Senate Committee on Local Government approved two bills by Sen. Tom Garrett, R-Louisa, that affect Goochland and Louisa counties -- both part of Senate District 22, which reaches northern Lynchburg.
One bill allows Goochland County to amend the boundaries of service districts concerning water and sewer development; the other allows Goochland to use GIS mapping, instead of a surveyor's map, to settle a boundary dispute with Louisa County.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers