The "Top 100 Outsourcing Destinations Report 2013" places Costa Rica as the best country in Latin America for outsourcing operations and 13th worldwide.
The private study released by global consulting and investment firm Tholons indicates that Costa Rica climbed five positions from the 2012 index and is "a key player in the corporate services industry and information technology in Latin America and the world."
"San Jose, Costa Rica, remains one of the most impressive destinations in the region. It surpassed bigger cities like São Paulo and Buenos Aires, consolidating the city as one of the big winners in the 2013 list," the report cited.
Foreign Trade Minister Anabel Gonzalez said Wednesday in a statement that this prominent position is a direct result of the work done to develop and consolidate the services sector in Costa Rica.
Gabriela Llobet, executive director of the Costa Rican Investment Promotion Agency, added that the Tholons ranking also reflects that the country now competes not only with continental leaders but also directly with global giants such as India, Poland, Ireland and Malaysia.
The only two countries in Central America that made the list besides Costa Rica were Nicaragua and Guatemala, appearing at the bottom of the ranking at 95 and 96, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo