LONGUEUIL, QUEBEC -- (Marketwire) -- 01/15/13 -- The President of the Canadian Space Agency (CSA) Dr. Steve MacLean has announced his plans to leave the Agency on February 1 to assume a position in a new venture to be created by Mike Lazaridis. Dr. MacLean has been serving as President of the CSA since 2008.
During his tenure as President, he was devoted as an accomplished physicist, astronaut and administrator to advancing the Canadian Space Program.
In his new position with Mr Lazaridis, Dr. MacLean will be leading a team pursuing breakthrough scientific Research and Development in the highly specialized field of Quantum Physics.
One of the original-six Canadian astronauts, Dr. MacLean joined the Canadian Astronaut Program in 1983. He has completed two highly successful missions in space, before assuming responsibility as President of the Canadian Space Agency.
Follow us on :
Canadian Space Agency
Media Relations Office
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani