OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/15/13 -- The Honourable Christian Paradis, Minister of Industry, today issued the following statement:
"On behalf of the Government of Canada, I wish to thank Dr. MacLean for his commitment to public service and to his efforts in advocating the value of space technology and exploration.
"Over his impressive career, Dr. MacLean has made significant contributions to Canada's leadership role in space. As one of Canada's most accomplished astronauts and as President of the Canadian Space Agency, he has supported space innovation and demonstrated his passion for science literacy.
"I want to personally thank him for his dedicated work and wish him all the best in his future endeavours."
Director of Communications
Office of the Honourable Christian Paradis
Minister of Industry
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Menendez Introduces Tough Sanctions Against Russia
- Republican Jolly Wins Fla. Special Election
- World Wide Web Turns 25
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Obama Seeks Overtime Pay for Salaried Workers
- Clarke Replaces Perez at Eastman Kodak
- Vestas Ramps Up Hiring to Build Wind Turbines
- Copper Plunges on China Jitters
- Jan Brewer Out on Term Limits