Germany is ready to deploy military transport aircraft to support the French and ECOWAS missions in Mali, Defence Minister Thomas de Maiziere said Tuesday, but will not send combat troops.
The deployment will likely consist of four Transall C-160s, ageing multi-purpose air force transporters with a capacity to carry about 90 troops each, and an Airbus A310, dpa has learned.
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?
- Boeing to Build Stretch-Dreamliners
- Jimmy Hoffa Buried Alive, Reputed Underboss Says
- Kanye West's 'Yeezus': Angry Self-love