Germany is ready to deploy military transport aircraft to support the French and ECOWAS missions in Mali, Defence Minister Thomas de Maiziere said Tuesday, but will not send combat troops.
The deployment will likely consist of four Transall C-160s, ageing multi-purpose air force transporters with a capacity to carry about 90 troops each, and an Airbus A310, dpa has learned.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply