Germany is ready to deploy military transport aircraft to support the French and ECOWAS missions in Mali, Defence Minister Thomas de Maiziere said Tuesday, but will not send combat troops.
The deployment will likely consist of four Transall C-160s, ageing multi-purpose air force transporters with a capacity to carry about 90 troops each, and an Airbus A310, dpa has learned.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response