After spiking to $3.38 last week, gas prices in the metro-east are again on the decline.
Most stations in Belleville by Tuesday morning had lowered the cost of a gallon of regular unleaded to $3.19 a gallon.
According to the American Automobile Association, the National average for a gallon of gas is $3.30, about three cents higher than it was a month ago.
The organization predicts gas will be about a quarter a gallon cheaper in 2013 than it was last year largely because of increased refinery capacity in the United States.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Thousands of Children Dragged Into U.S. Political Bickering
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer: Care Needed to Avoid Crisis
- Dems Float Long-Shot Effort to Curb Campaign Cash
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Union Pulls Support of UNCF Over Koch Gift
- Portugal Bank Fears Spark Selloff
- Border Crisis Could Lead to Faster Deportations