After spiking to $3.38 last week, gas prices in the metro-east are again on the decline.
Most stations in Belleville by Tuesday morning had lowered the cost of a gallon of regular unleaded to $3.19 a gallon.
According to the American Automobile Association, the National average for a gallon of gas is $3.30, about three cents higher than it was a month ago.
The organization predicts gas will be about a quarter a gallon cheaper in 2013 than it was last year largely because of increased refinery capacity in the United States.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Conference Slated for Hispanic Tech Startups
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards