After spiking to $3.38 last week, gas prices in the metro-east are again on the decline.
Most stations in Belleville by Tuesday morning had lowered the cost of a gallon of regular unleaded to $3.19 a gallon.
According to the American Automobile Association, the National average for a gallon of gas is $3.30, about three cents higher than it was a month ago.
The organization predicts gas will be about a quarter a gallon cheaper in 2013 than it was last year largely because of increased refinery capacity in the United States.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low