After spiking to $3.38 last week, gas prices in the metro-east are again on the decline.
Most stations in Belleville by Tuesday morning had lowered the cost of a gallon of regular unleaded to $3.19 a gallon.
According to the American Automobile Association, the National average for a gallon of gas is $3.30, about three cents higher than it was a month ago.
The organization predicts gas will be about a quarter a gallon cheaper in 2013 than it was last year largely because of increased refinery capacity in the United States.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?