After spiking to $3.38 last week, gas prices in the metro-east are again on the decline.
Most stations in Belleville by Tuesday morning had lowered the cost of a gallon of regular unleaded to $3.19 a gallon.
According to the American Automobile Association, the National average for a gallon of gas is $3.30, about three cents higher than it was a month ago.
The organization predicts gas will be about a quarter a gallon cheaper in 2013 than it was last year largely because of increased refinery capacity in the United States.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free