NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 01/15/13 -- English producer Flux Pavilion reveals a glimpse of his forthcoming "Blow The Roof" EP due 1/28 exclusive to Beatport and 1/29 to all other DSPs via Big Beat/Circus Records. Fresh off the critically received Major Lazer collaboration "Jah No Partial," Flux Pavilion aka Joshua Steele unleashes another epic anthem-like single, the EP's title track "Blow The Roof" which maintains the enthusiasm and production values of his early hits "Bass Cannon" and "I Can't Stop" (which was brilliantly sampled for Kanye West and Jay-Z's "Who Gon' Stop Me") while stepping up the BPM and taking a more literal approach to dance music.
The rest of the EP defies predictability, as listeners are kept on their toes with guest verses from comedian/actor turned rapper Childish Gambino, aka Donald Glover, on standout track "Do or Die," a recent Hype Machine #1, ripped from the MTV Music Experience. Flux also ably assists on the frenetic "Double Edge" by top UK rappers Sway and P. Money. Stylistically, the record touches on 8-bit and early rave and hip-house music, avoiding trap-tropes and interpreting his style in new ways that will both surprise and please his early adopters. Flux even defiantly reinterprets his own neo-classic for "I Still Can't Stop."
STREAM "BLOW THE ROOF" SINGLE:
BUY "BLOW THE ROOF" SINGLE ON BEATPORT:
BUY "BLOW THE ROOF" SINGLE ON iTUNES:
STREAM "DO OR DIE" (RECORDED AT THE MTV MUSIC EXPERIENCE):
"BLOW THE ROOF" EP TRACKLISTING
1. OneTwoThree (Make Your Body Wanna)
2. The Scientist
3. Double Edge (ft. Sway and P Money)
4. Blow The Roof
5. I Feel It
6. I Still Can't Stop
7. Do or Die (ft. Childish Gambino)
FOR ADVANCED MUSIC & PRESS INQUIRIES CONTACT
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column