NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 01/15/13 -- English producer Flux Pavilion reveals a glimpse of his forthcoming "Blow The Roof" EP due 1/28 exclusive to Beatport and 1/29 to all other DSPs via Big Beat/Circus Records. Fresh off the critically received Major Lazer collaboration "Jah No Partial," Flux Pavilion aka Joshua Steele unleashes another epic anthem-like single, the EP's title track "Blow The Roof" which maintains the enthusiasm and production values of his early hits "Bass Cannon" and "I Can't Stop" (which was brilliantly sampled for Kanye West and Jay-Z's "Who Gon' Stop Me") while stepping up the BPM and taking a more literal approach to dance music.
The rest of the EP defies predictability, as listeners are kept on their toes with guest verses from comedian/actor turned rapper Childish Gambino, aka Donald Glover, on standout track "Do or Die," a recent Hype Machine #1, ripped from the MTV Music Experience. Flux also ably assists on the frenetic "Double Edge" by top UK rappers Sway and P. Money. Stylistically, the record touches on 8-bit and early rave and hip-house music, avoiding trap-tropes and interpreting his style in new ways that will both surprise and please his early adopters. Flux even defiantly reinterprets his own neo-classic for "I Still Can't Stop."
STREAM "BLOW THE ROOF" SINGLE:
BUY "BLOW THE ROOF" SINGLE ON BEATPORT:
BUY "BLOW THE ROOF" SINGLE ON iTUNES:
STREAM "DO OR DIE" (RECORDED AT THE MTV MUSIC EXPERIENCE):
"BLOW THE ROOF" EP TRACKLISTING
1. OneTwoThree (Make Your Body Wanna)
2. The Scientist
3. Double Edge (ft. Sway and P Money)
4. Blow The Roof
5. I Feel It
6. I Still Can't Stop
7. Do or Die (ft. Childish Gambino)
FOR ADVANCED MUSIC & PRESS INQUIRIES CONTACT
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!