SPRINGDALE, NEWFOUNDLAND -- (Marketwire) -- 01/15/13 -- BMO Bank of Montreal today announced various initiatives to ensure continued banking services to its customers in the wake of the fire that destroyed its Springdale branch and other commercial buildings last Thursday.
BMO today deployed a RV in the parking area across the street from its former branch, where the local BMO branch manager and staff are on hand to answer questions and help customers complete non-cash transactions.
As of January 24, a fully functional and staffed banking trailer will be deployed at the former branch location from which customers will have access to a full range of banking services and transactions. A BMO full-service ATM will be available within this adapted trailer facility that will ensure banking services until a new full-service branch can be rebuilt in Springdale.
BMO will also be installing a Cash ATM at Lawtons Drugs, 188 Main Street, in Springdale, enabling customers to access later this week their money, either through a withdrawal or cash advance.
Also, starting tomorrow, BMO commercial customers will be able to make deposits from 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., Monday to Friday, via armored car service in the parking area across from the former BMO branch.
Customers can reach local BMO staff at (709) 486-2510 or can take full advantage of the leading edge BMO online banking or telephone banking services by going to www.bmo.com or calling 1-877-CALL-BMO.
BMO reminds customers to keep receipts of the charges incurred at the Scotiabank local branch ATMs since January 10, as it will be assuming all service charges involved for customers until the BMO trailer and full-service ATM are accessible.
"My colleagues and I wish to thank our customers for their understanding and support, and we're committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience under the circumstances," said Jim Fallon, Vice-President for Newfoundland & Labrador, BMO Bank of Montreal.
BMO Bank of Montreal operates 23 branches in Newfoundland & Labrador. The closest full-service BMO branch to Springdale is located in Grand Falls-Windsor, at 3 High Street, 709-489-2268.
BMO Bank of Montreal
BMO Financial Group
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]