A shooting has been reported at the Stevens Institute of Business and Arts at 1521 Washington Avenue.
At least one person was injured by the gunman, according to police scanner traffic. The suspected gunman, believed to be a 21-year-old man, was reported to have shot himself.
Two men were brought from the building on stretchers and loaded into ambulances. One left immediately while the other was idling in front of the building.
Nearly two dozen squad cars are out around the building. Helicopters are flying overhead.
SWAT teams were moving through the building ensuring each floor was clear.
Authorities have closed off Washington Avenue between 15th and 18th streets and St. Charles Avenue at 14th Street.
Check back to stltoday.com for more information on this developing story.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD