A shooting has been reported at the Stevens Institute of Business and Arts at 1521 Washington Avenue.
At least one person was injured by the gunman, according to police scanner traffic. The suspected gunman, believed to be a 21-year-old man, was reported to have shot himself.
Two men were brought from the building on stretchers and loaded into ambulances. One left immediately while the other was idling in front of the building.
Nearly two dozen squad cars are out around the building. Helicopters are flying overhead.
SWAT teams were moving through the building ensuring each floor was clear.
Authorities have closed off Washington Avenue between 15th and 18th streets and St. Charles Avenue at 14th Street.
Check back to stltoday.com for more information on this developing story.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- The Commercial Appeal, Memphis, Tenn., John Beifuss column
- Cabot Street Cinema in Beverly for sale
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Travel Startup Localeur Expands to Houston
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions