A shooting has been reported at the Stevens Institute of Business and Arts at 1521 Washington Avenue.
At least one person was injured by the gunman, according to police scanner traffic. The suspected gunman, believed to be a 21-year-old man, was reported to have shot himself.
Two men were brought from the building on stretchers and loaded into ambulances. One left immediately while the other was idling in front of the building.
Nearly two dozen squad cars are out around the building. Helicopters are flying overhead.
SWAT teams were moving through the building ensuring each floor was clear.
Authorities have closed off Washington Avenue between 15th and 18th streets and St. Charles Avenue at 14th Street.
Check back to stltoday.com for more information on this developing story.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- 'The Bachelor' Juan Pablo Picks His Love
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing