Enrique Ostale, CEO of Walmart Chile, will now lead nine markets and more than 373,000 associates as executive vice president, president and CEO of Walmart Latin America as of March 1, Wal-Mart Stores announced.
"Walmart's Latin American operations hold tremendous potential for our company and I look forward to building on our success in these markets," Ostale said in a statement.
He will oversee Walmart's operations in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico and Nicaragua, and will be based in Mexico City.
He will continue to serve as chairman of the board of directors at Walmart de Mexico.
"For 27 years, Eduardo has been a champion for our customers in Mexico and across Latin America, and we are pleased he's staying on as chairman of Walmart de Mexico," said Doug McMillon, president and CEO of Walmart International."Under his leadership, the first Walmart Bank was founded, Central America became part of Walmart de Mexico and the Every Day Low Prices strategy extended to Central and South America."
Wal-Mart Stores came in at No. 15 on the HispanicBusiness 2012 Best Companies for Diversity directory.
Walmart has more than 373,000 associates and 3,832 retail units in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica,El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico and Nicaragua.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs