Enrique Ostale, CEO of Walmart Chile, will now lead nine markets and more than 373,000 associates as executive vice president, president and CEO of Walmart Latin America as of March 1, Wal-Mart Stores announced.
"Walmart's Latin American operations hold tremendous potential for our company and I look forward to building on our success in these markets," Ostale said in a statement.
He will oversee Walmart's operations in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico and Nicaragua, and will be based in Mexico City.
He will continue to serve as chairman of the board of directors at Walmart de Mexico.
"For 27 years, Eduardo has been a champion for our customers in Mexico and across Latin America, and we are pleased he's staying on as chairman of Walmart de Mexico," said Doug McMillon, president and CEO of Walmart International."Under his leadership, the first Walmart Bank was founded, Central America became part of Walmart de Mexico and the Every Day Low Prices strategy extended to Central and South America."
Wal-Mart Stores came in at No. 15 on the HispanicBusiness 2012 Best Companies for Diversity directory.
Walmart has more than 373,000 associates and 3,832 retail units in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica,El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico and Nicaragua.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Fiat Chrysler to Build 3 Jeeps in China
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text