EDMONTON, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/14/13 -- Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada, a branch of the federal government, recently signed a five year funding agreement with SCcyber E-Learning Community, an online education program that produces top high school graduation rates for Aboriginals.
Since 2000, SCcyber has graduated Aboriginal students from more than 25 reserve and off-reserve settings in Alberta and North West Territories.
"Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada has recognized the SCcyber program as a regional success story," said Martin Sacher, CEO of SCcyber E-Learning Community.
SCcyber high school curriculum is accredited by the Alberta Ministry of Education, and its job skill training courses are accredited by partner post-secondary institutions. Programs also meet employment standards for resource companies who hire Aboriginal employees according to community engagement agreements.
"Our mission is about Aboriginal economic inclusion," said Gaylene Weasel Child, SCcyber Director of Public Relations. "Our successful educational model also provides people the tools to form their own opinions, and guide their own lives."
The agreement started in Fall 2012, and allows the federal government to directly fund students of the internationally awarded organization, based in Red Deer, Alberta. Since the funding agreement was approved, an additional seven First Nations have signed up for SCcyber's online programs.
SCcyber E-Learning Community has won several national and international awards from such organizations as The Conference Board of Canada and the Global Best Awards.
SCcyber E-Learning Community
Gaylene Weasel Child
Director of Public Relations
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief