TORRANCE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/14/13 -- Pelican Products, Inc., the leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance protective case solutions and advanced portable lighting systems, today announced the acquisition of Minnesota Thermal Science (MTS), the industry leader in global temperature controlled transportation products. Based in Plymouth, Minnesota, MTS will merge with Pelican's already established BioPharma division.
"The combined entity will offer customers an even wider range of the most advanced temperature controlled packaging solutions for the safe transport of pharmaceuticals, tissue, biologics, diagnostics, blood and other healthcare products," said Lyndon Faulkner, President and CEO of Pelican. "The award-winning thermal protection products of MTS will be matched with Pelican's global capabilities providing a worldwide solution of re-usable transportation and packaging products and services."
In addition to Pelican BioPharma cases that offer 140+ hours between 2.0 to 8.0C, customers will have access to the full suite of MTS products including the reusable Credo Cube®, which protects payload contents at defined temperatures longer than any other passive thermal shipper. Equally impressive are the Credo Xtreme® full pallet which holds 890 liters and the half pallet which holds 406 liters, each providing 35 percent more payload space than the closest competitor. In addition to their unique scientific packaging, MTS offers a complete range of services and software to support a reusable temperature controlled packaging solution.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation