LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/14/13 -- MMRGlobal, Inc. (OTCQB: MMRF)
Dear MMRF Shareholders:
MMRGlobal Management would like to take this opportunity to highlight some of its accomplishments from 2012 and to share our plans for 2013.
The Company now owns seven U.S. patents and has nearly 400 claims focused on the digital transmission of medical records, including Personal Health Records (PHRs). The Company also has additional U.S. patent applications pending, which include numerous continuation applications. Internationally, the Company has issued patents and pending applications in countries of commercial interest such as Australia, Singapore, New Zealand, Mexico, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Israel, and European nations.
MMR has met with significant success in our early licensing efforts based on a five-plus year industry-wide awareness of the Company's intellectual property and its relevance to the market. In 2013, the Company will aggressively pursue infringement claims and plans on commencing litigation starting this month against companies in healthcare, retail and other markets.
Over the last month, we have entered into licensing agreements with EMR vendors, a laboratory reporting services vendor, a document management systems vendor providing services to more than 750 hospitals and a Personal Health Record provider. We believe that this trend will continue.
Based on government regulations and the breadth of its patent portfolio, MMR is well positioned to monetize its intellectual property given requirements under the law pertaining to HIPAA, the HITECH Act and Meaningful Use Stages 2 and 3. The Company believes hospitals, healthcare professionals and certain vendors responding to the current needs of the market will need licenses from the Company, or they could infringe upon MMR's portfolio of intellectual property.
The Company also anticipates receiving the next portion of milestone payments under its $13,000,000 license agreement with a biotech company as originally filed in a Form 8-K with the SEC on December 21, 2010. Globally, the Company will continue to exploit its biotech IP and will retain experts in 2013 to help monetize its patents, patient samples and other IP.
On September 27, 2012, the Company announced the signing of an agreement with our Australian licensee, VisiInc PLC, incorporated in the Company's third quarter filing as Exhibit 10.1. The Agreement calls for the sale of more than 1,000 MMRPro systems through a large reseller of medical products and services to healthcare professionals. As of September 30, 2012, we had delivered the first 25 MMRPro systems. Since that time, the Company is continuing scheduled deliveries. MMRPro will be bundled with other Visi products and marketed as VISI MMRPro, which is being sold through the Seagate VAR and OEM channels including the Burkhart Dental channel.
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- Manila's Hollywood Week